Finally! Now you can upgrade your stock plastic blaster grips with these beautiful walnut grips! These are just like the handle grips on Han Solo's DL-44 blaster in "Episode IV: A New Hope" but scaled to fit the Denix Mauser model that has been the basis of the vast majority of blaster replicas made to date. These grips have been designed to fit perfectly on the Denix C-96 Mauser model. The walnut is beautifully sanded and given a light coating of wax. Ready to install as-is, or easily cleaned with alcohol and stained/finished to your liking.
- Right and left wooden grip scales to fit DENIX mauser models
- Right and left brass escutcheons
- Custom black oxide steel fillister-head grip screw
- These will ONLY fit blasters made from DENIX brand models. (Denix models are easily identified. They are made from cast metal and do not shoot anything, although some parts are movable.)
- These WILL fit any of OUR Han Solo DL-44 blasters.
- Installation requires modification of your gun to remove the brace in the center of the handle frame (the brace is what your old grips screw into.) Fitting will require a metal saw, a file, and a flat-head screwdriver. Some filing of the inside of your frame may be required for the best fit.
11 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Beautifully stained. They needed some sanding for a proper fit but that’s to be expected. Todd, as always, was terrific in quickly responding and helping me through some adjustments, including replacing the Denix grips for the real C96 grips after I mistakenly ordered the Denix ones, and also sent me with some longer escutcheon screws that my blaster required. They look fantastic. Thanks Todd and Cristina!
The grips are inconsistent. One has shallow grooves cut into it. The other grip just has slight surface groove marks and barely show up. For the money they should have been the same.
This is stellar. I had to use my dremel as I am using a Dinix as the base but once everything fit together - step 1 of many but this item rocks.
More excellent blaster DIY accessories from Todd's Costumes, great quality and beautifully finished, just as with his other blaster parts, can't wait to put it together!
These are great! I’ve bought several pairs now, and I’m always pleased.
These grips are perfect to enhance the reality of the DL-44 blaster (DENIX mauser models). They will bring a realistic detail to make your prop shine.
Looks lovely. Much better feel than the original plastic grips. The required modifications were relatively easy. I was able to remove the center screw post using a dremel cutting tool. The only negative I can even think of is that the two sides are stained *slightly* different shades, but not so much that it bothers me.
The replacement of these grips was not difficult and required only a Dremel and a little courage. I used my blaster for display purposes and am immensely happy with the upgrade. If your on the fence because of the install, just do it, it's not that difficult.
Im kinda disappointed cause I ordered these grips cause last year I purchased the DL-44 from here and when I received the grips, the didnt fit. It says on the listing that they will fit any of our denix han solo blasters. They did not fit mine. So after a whole lot of drilling and sanding, they now somewhat fit.