Finally! Now you can upgrade your stock plastic blaster grips with these beautiful walnut grips! These are just like the handle grips on Han Solo's DL-44 blaster in "Episode IV: A New Hope" but scaled to fit the Denix Mauser model that has been the basis of the vast majority of blaster replicas made to date. These grips have been designed to fit perfectly on the Denix C-96 Mauser model. The walnut is beautifully sanded and given a light coating of wax. Ready to install as-is, or easily cleaned with alcohol and stained/finished to your liking.
- Right and left wooden grip scales to fit DENIX mauser models
- Right and left brass escutcheons
- Custom black oxide steel fillister-head grip screw
- These will ONLY fit blasters made from DENIX brand models. (Denix models are easily identified. They are made from cast metal and do not shoot anything, although some parts are movable.)
- These WILL fit any of OUR Han Solo DL-44 blasters.
- Installation requires modification of your gun to remove the brace in the center of the handle frame (the brace is what your old grips screw into.) Fitting will require a metal saw, a file, and a flat-head screwdriver. Some filing of the inside of your frame may be required for the best fit.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The replacement of these grips was not difficult and required only a Dremel and a little courage. I used my blaster for display purposes and am immensely happy with the upgrade. If your on the fence because of the install, just do it, it's not that difficult.
Im kinda disappointed cause I ordered these grips cause last year I purchased the DL-44 from here and when I received the grips, the didnt fit. It says on the listing that they will fit any of our denix han solo blasters. They did not fit mine. So after a whole lot of drilling and sanding, they now somewhat fit.
The grips themselves are great, but installing them literally requires removing two fairly hefty pieces of metal from the frame. The description says that you can do this with a metal saw, but you really need something like a Dremel to get in there. And expect it to take about 10 minutes. Once done, however, the effect is amazing. I'd actually been considering finding someone to make a custom set for my blaster, and when I got the email saying these were available, I clicked that link in seconds. This isn't just about the look (which is awesome on its own). The feel of these is parsecs ahead of the plastic grips, and when someone inevitably asks to see your blaster, that reaction when they grasp it for the first time is visceral. Let's face it, the grip is going to be a huge part of how you experience the blaster, and feeling wood, not plastic, goes that much further towards authenticity. I just wish it was easier to do the swap.
These replacements are beautiful and a perfect fit! You do have to remove the bit of the frame that held the original grips in place, which I was a little nervous about screwing up, but it was surprisingly easy. I just used a dremel with a cut-off wheel and it worked a treat. Super happy to finally have accurate grips for my blaster!